Ristretto

Ole hyvä ja kirjaudu tai rekisteröidy.

Kirjautuaksesi anna tunnus, salasana ja istuntosi pituus
Tarkempi haku  

Uutiset:

Huom! Tämän yläpalkin pikahaku hakee vain siltä alueelta tai ketjusta, joka sinulla on auki.

Kirjoittaja Aihe: Online shops (EU)?  (Luettu 5629 kertaa)

Gabriel

• Pikakahvi
  • Poissa Poissa
Online shops (EU)?
« : Huhtikuu 18, 2007, 20:54:00 ip »

Hi,

First of all, sorry for writing in English. I live in Finland and I can manage reading in Finnish but still some way to go for writing.

Espresso machine fever striked again and this time it seems I will really buy one. After searching and reading on the internet for quite some time now, I decided on the ECM Giotto Premium. I could get it from http://www.koffiewarenhuis.nl. Does anybody have experience with them, are they reliable (both regarding delivery and possible aftersales support such as warranty)? Are there other online shops that would you recommend (reliability, good prices...)?

I'll also need a grinder, and I was looking at Macap M4 from http://www.espressocoffeeshop.com/. Any experience with this shop? Any other suggestions?

Thank you,
Gabriel
Kirjattu

Teme

• Administrator
  • Ristretto
  • Poissa Poissa
    • ristretto.fi
Online shops (EU)?
« Vastaus #1 : Huhtikuu 18, 2007, 21:07:34 ip »

Hi Gabriel,

I have no personal experience on Koffiewarenhuis, but for about the same price you can get the Giotto Premium from a tried, tested and trusted Finnish online shop: www.espressivo.fi

EspressoCoffeeshop is a known entity. I have also been happy with them. Their prices for the Macap are very competitive.

Br,
Teme
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hei Gabriel,

Minulle ei ole henkilökohtaisia kokemuksia Koffiewarenhuisista, mutta saat Giotto Premiumin lähes samaan hintaan hyväksi ja luotettavaksi koetusta Suomalaisesta verkkokaupasta: www.espressivo.fi

EspressoCoffeeshop on hyvin tunnettu. Itsekin olen ollut heihin tyytyväinen. Heidän hintansa Macap-myllyille ovat erittäin kilpailukykyiset.

T. Teme

Kirjattu

Gabriel

• Pikakahvi
  • Poissa Poissa
Vast:Online shops (EU)?
« Vastaus #2 : Huhtikuu 18, 2007, 22:17:31 ip »

Hi Teme,

Thank you for your answer. I would certainly prefer to buy locally but unfortunately this model is out of stock and the delivery time from ECM may be very long.

For the Macap I'm still undecided, doser or doserless, stepped or stepless. I've read many opinions, but probably the right answer would come only after actually using one a few times.

After looking for a while at Rancilio Rocky, I was leaning towards doserless; Rocky has that metal thing on which it's possible to put the portafilter while grinding, which seems quite handy. On the other hand, Macap doserless doesn't have it (as I understand), which seems to be less handy. As I read somewhere, it seems better suited for eg a small shop, where the ground coffee would need to go into a bag that can be attached to the "hook" on the nozzle. Any advice for this point?

Regarding stepped vs. stepless, the argument seems to be that with stepped it's easier to change from one setting to another (faster to change, better repeatability when going back to previous seeting). On the other hand the stepless would give better control. I'm wondering how important it is in practice to have this stepless control, as probably the step in the stepped version is quite fine? Any advice? Unfortunately I don't have experience with a decent espresso machine, and no experience with grinders.

Gabriel
Kirjattu

Teme

• Administrator
  • Ristretto
  • Poissa Poissa
    • ristretto.fi
« Vastaus #3 : Huhtikuu 18, 2007, 22:51:11 ip »

Lainaus käyttäjältä: Gabriel
For the Macap I'm still undecided, doser or doserless, stepped or stepless. I've read many opinions, but probably the right answer would come only after actually using one a few times.

I have used a stepped doserless Macap as well as a stepless doser version. I much preferred the latter. Stepless adjustment lends itself better for espresso grinding and the design of the doserless Macap is not ideally suited for per shot espresso grinding (whereas the doser on the Macap is very good).
__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Olen käyttänyt sekä portaallista annostelijatonta Macapia että portaatonta annostelijatonta versiota. Pidin jälkimmäisestä huomattavan paljon enemmän. Portaaton säätö on mielestäni parempi espressoa varten ja Macapin annostelijaton versio ei ole parhaimmillaan jauhettaessa yhtä espressoshottia varten (kun taas Macapin annostelija on puolestaan erittäin hyvä).

After looking for a while at Rancilio Rocky, I was leaning towards doserless; Rocky has that metal thing on which it's possible to put the portafilter while grinding, which seems quite handy. On the other hand, Macap doserless doesn't have it (as I understand), which seems to be less handy. As I read somewhere, it seems better suited for eg a small shop, where the ground coffee would need to go into a bag that can be attached to the "hook" on the nozzle. Any advice for this point?

The portafilter fork that you describe can be useful, but I do not think that the lack of one is the downfall of the doserless Macap. Difficult access for cleaning, clumping of the ground coffee and the on/off switch (no portafilter activation) are in my opinion more significant issues.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Kuvaamasi haarukka kahvalle voi olla hyödyllinen, mutta mielestäni sen puute ei ole annostelijattoman Macapin ongelma. Vaikea puhdistettavuus, kahvin paakkuuntuminen ja myllyn virtakytkin (mylly ei käynnisty portafiltterin avulla) ovat mielestäni huomattavasti isompia ongelmia.

Regarding stepped vs. stepless, the argument seems to be that with stepped it's easier to change from one setting to another (faster to change, better repeatability when going back to previous seeting). On the other hand the stepless would give better control. I'm wondering how important it is in practice to have this stepless control, as probably the step in the stepped version is quite fine? Any advice? Unfortunately I don't have experience with a decent espresso machine, and no experience with grinders.

I previously owned a Rocky that has stepped adjustments and I did occasionally find myself hoping for tighter steps or stepless adjustments. However, I believe the Macap has tighter spacing of those steps. If the grinder is to be used for espresso only, I would go for the stepless version. On the other hand, if you are planning on using the grinder also for other types of coffee, I would go for the stepped (but tightly spaced) adjustment (or a Mazzer with its different type of stepless adjustment) and forget the doser version.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Omistin ennen Rockyn, jossa on portaallinen säätö ja huomasin ajoittain kaipaavani tiheämpiä portaita tai portaatonta säätöä. Ymmärtääkseni Macapissa portaat ovat kuitenkin tiheämmässä. Jos aiot käyttää myllyä vain espressojauhatukseen, niin valitsisin ehdottomasti portaattoman version. Jos puolestaan tarkoituksena on käyttää myllyä muillekin kahveille, niin valitsisin portaallisen (mutta tiuhan) säädön (tai Mazzerin, jossa on erityyppinen portaaton säätö) ja unohtaisin annostelijallisen vaihtoehdon.

T. Teme
Kirjattu

Esa

• Administrator
  • Espresso
  • Poissa Poissa
« Vastaus #4 : Huhtikuu 18, 2007, 23:01:44 ip »

At least in Rocky the steps are small enough. There's really no need to microtune the grind. If your previous setting gives you too short brew time because it's a dry day, one step finer is usually right. If only 3/4 step would have been even more perfect is irrelevant, you don't want to make multiple test shots every day anyway. So the benefit of stepless control is rather small. Doesn't hurt either of course, except when you want to do other than espresso grinds too. Then it's a lot slower to change.
Kirjattu